Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I get an Automation Action to apply a timestamp to a Date/Time field for the moment the Action occurs?

• 1.  How do I get an Automation Action to apply a timestamp to a Date/Time field for the moment the Action occurs?

Posted 08-20-2018 15:38
    I have an Automation that is designed to create children records on a related table.  I'd like those children records to be timestamped with when they are created.  When I add an Action to the Automation for the Date/Time field [Timestamp], and put "Today()" in the field, it does not populate when the Automation is triggered.

I feel like this should be a pretty simple one, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How do I get an Automation Action to apply a timestamp to a Date/Time field for the moment the Action occurs?

Posted 08-20-2018 15:40
    Hi Clayton,

We don't yet have formulas available in automations but one way to get a timestamp is to use the "Date Modified" value from the record that triggered the automation to run.

Hope that helps!

-Matt Saforrian
    Product Manager, Automations

• 3.  RE: How do I get an Automation Action to apply a timestamp to a Date/Time field for the moment the Action occurs?

Posted 08-20-2018 15:43
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that and let you know if it works. Do you expect to add this kind of functionality to automations soon?

• 4.  RE: How do I get an Automation Action to apply a timestamp to a Date/Time field for the moment the Action occurs?

Posted 08-20-2018 15:46
    That did work for me, thanks!