Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Grid edit function in a summary table

Posted 04-27-2017 03:35

Is it possible to add another column (User Input) to a summary table?

I currently have a summary table with sales performance for different markets by months but would like to add another column for monthly targets (must be an open field to be filled in by users every now & then)

• 2.  RE: Grid edit function in a summary table

Posted 04-27-2017 03:49
    This is not possible in summary reports, because this is summarizing multiple records.

But, if you are looking to set goals for months, I'd recommend making a 'Months' table.  Then you can have a field on there for "goal" and then you can summarize the data to the month.

So in functional terms you have what you are looking for, even with the current limitations.

• 3.  RE: Grid edit function in a summary table

Posted 04-27-2017 04:06

I was looking at building a new table to look up the sales activity (which is a text - multiple choice field), the respective actual amount & additional column for the targets. Somehow, the relationship table just isn't working as expected.

• 4.  RE: Grid edit function in a summary table

Posted 04-27-2017 14:58
    What parts aren't working as expected?  Maybe we can help.

• 5.  RE: Grid edit function in a summary table

Posted 05-02-2017 07:01
    Till now, I have linked up the different tables to show the different type of sales activity, total number of related contacts, Amount involved. However, would need more filter details i.e the location, current status of the meeting etc. All these didn't seem to show as most of them will be text - multiple choice field.