Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  I am wondering if there is a way to archive prior year records or move them to another table?

Posted 08-28-2017 16:46
    We have reached the maximum number of records in our existing table (max size 10,000) and it will no longer show all records.  We have to filter to find what we are now looking for.  I am wondering if there is a way to archive prior year records or move them to another table?

• 2.  RE: I am wondering if there is a way to archive prior year records or move them to another table?

Posted 08-28-2017 17:37
    So by default when a table reaches 10,000+ records QB options to not display them right away (for speed and performance reasons).

However, What you can do is set up a  report that filters out old records, and then set that report as the table homepage. 

Then every time somebody clicks the table they see the filtered report that in effect "archives" all the old records.

If you need more details on how to set that up, just post back with your questions or where you get stuck.

• 3.  RE: I am wondering if there is a way to archive prior year records or move them to another table?

Posted 08-28-2017 18:05

I am very new at report writing with this software so any assistance you could give me would be great.

• 4.  RE: I am wondering if there is a way to archive prior year records or move them to another table?

Posted 08-28-2017 23:03
    When the table home page is set to the default report, you get the default behavior.

The default behavior is as Matthew described,

But if you change your table home page report to be a report, even the List All report, then it will continue to behave as it used to with the full report and a filter box. The assumption is that if you consciencly choose the list all report and knowing choose to take the risk of slowing down your app, then that is your choice.