Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

• 1.  Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:41
    When I am viewing or editing the record in Admin Mode I can see the information in the embedded report. However when I am in the role of one the field associates I cannot see the associates name in the embedded report.
    If I open the individual record in Admin Role I can see all fields.
    But when I am in the Associates Role and click to view the record (open up the individual record) the associates name is not visible. but if I click edit the record then the name is visible.
    Any suggestions where to start would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

This is the embedded report in Admin Role where the associates name is visible
    ">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1574444/RackMultipart20170328-74935-bzunnf-QB1_inline.JPG?1490729769">

This is the same record, but viewed in the Field Associates Role
    ">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1574437/RackMultipart20170328-112190-uyk50-QB2_inline.JPG?1490729349">

I obviously have some table relationship issue going on, but for the life of me I cannot find it
    This is the main form
    ">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1574439/RackMultipart20170328-12785-6dme6o-QB3_inline.JPG?1490729467">

And the properties of the Field Associates Name (it is a formula text field).

• 2.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:43
    Have a look at that role's permissions. It's likely that his/her role is not permitted 'yet' to see that report or table.

• 3.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:52
    The report/table is visible it is just that one field is not visible and I cannot find the reason why.
    I have set the table up with Custom Access, the field is there and available

All the reports are set for viewing

• 4.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:57
    In which role is the above view coming from?

• 5.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:54

The Associate's Name is a formula text field. Can you show us the code in the formula? Also, look at the "usage" tab of that particular field. See if there are any form rules associated with it. If so, look at the form rules to see if they're restrictive in some way.

• 6.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:59
    If([Preferred Name]="",[License First Name]&" "&[License Last Name],[Preferred Name]&" "&[License Last Name])

All of these fields are available to the associates role, no restrictions

• 7.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 19:59
    We need to know this user's access to [Travel: Related Associate]. In the Travel table, look at the permissions for his/her role in the [related Associate] field.

• 8.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 20:01
    I believe we're dealing with a permissions restriction for this user's role in the Travel table and the Related Associate field.

• 9.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-28-2017 20:13
    If I go to customize the Travel Form/Associate Name Properties: 1) The "Restrict access by role" is unchecked 2) If I click the "Related Associate" link the "Restrict Access by role" is also unchecked

• 10.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-29-2017 14:04
    So, let's also look at the permissions for that role for all involved fields in the formula. Have you done that yet? If that role has restricted permissions in any field used in the formula, it will not work. Also, look at the form being used by that role. Does that role use a different form when editing and viewing a record? Or, if there is only one form being used for all roles, does a different report field display for that particular role? Look inside the form properties where all the fields used are shown. Is there more than just one report field?

• 11.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-29-2017 14:09
    Also triple-check the [Related Associate] field is NOT on the Form; you cannot have the Reference field AND the Proxy field on a Form at the same time.

• 12.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-29-2017 14:14
    Absolutely weird. I had a couple of fields in the associate table permissions marked as none (had nothing to do with the issue I was having). Removed those restrictions and rebuilt the pages and roles. Everything worked... Placed the restrictions back and no issue. Everything seems to be fine now...

• 13.  RE: Embedded Report Field Not Visible in Form View Mode

Posted 03-29-2017 14:22
    Nooks and crannies... :)