Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Display two summary table reports side by side on dashboard

Posted 02-03-2018 20:23
    I have two tables on dashboard, they are summary table reports. Two columns of data in each table. But on dashboard I can cannot have table reports placed side by side, instead I can only stack tables one above the other. This makes user scroll down. I'd like them side by side to make use of white space. The table report takes up the entire width of screen.

• 2.  RE: Display two summary table reports side by side on dashboard

Posted 02-03-2018 20:26
    That�s not correct. You can have three reports across the page, plus what is called the sidebar, typically used for buttons and search.

Just drag the bottom report beside the top report.

• 3.  RE: Display two summary table reports side by side on dashboard

Posted 02-03-2018 21:09
    Wow, thanks! It worked.

• 4.  RE: Display two summary table reports side by side on dashboard

Posted 03-20-2018 17:45
    I've got a dashboard setup with three nearly-identical reports side-by-side (just showing different days) but I still have issues with excess white-space. Any tips?

Ideally I'd like to create something sorta like this: 
    (This was just a table manually created in an email in Outlook. The left column on all those is the same field, it's just titled different for each day)

I created a report in QB showing the same fields, and I can get it to group by days but everything is stacked on top of each other, like a table normally is. Is there a way to show columns of columns? In other words, something like this:

Not sure if it's possible in a single report, so I tried creating three different reports and putting them side-by-side in a dashboard like so:

The problem is if I want to print this I have a ton of space wasted from the left-most column on each report, the empty column where the record actions would be (i.e. the new/updated flags), not to mention the overall space between the individual reports. Is there any way I can get this tighter, or somehow show this same thing on a single report rather than a dashboard?

• 5.  RE: Display two summary table reports side by side on dashboard

Posted 03-20-2018 18:03
    You can put your reports on a record instead of a dashboard and also suppress in the reports the ability to view or edit.  That will save some pace at the right side.  You can also globally disable the New and Updated flags in Settings - App Properties if that is not too draconian a solution for you.

To coax this reports onto a record, make a single record in a new table with just 1 record in it. it will be [Record ID#] = 1. 

Then on your table(s) with the reports, make a field called [Link to management Summary record (=1)] and make it a formula numeric with a formula of 1.

Then make a Report Link field type on the management summary table and show your reports.  You will need to put the report link field on the form 3 times.

Set the form properties to show all rows - blank out the default limits for the report link field.