Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 04-23-2019 21:05
    I'm wondering if it's possible to email out a link to a form (either a Quick Base form or a Google form, for instance) to someone who is not a user, they fill out the form and submit it, and it goes into a table...? The idea is for event registration - I email out a registration link, they register, and then their data shows up in my registrants table if that makes sense. OR some other way to automate this process. As it stands, we manually add event registrants. We send them a Google form and then we transfer the data into the table that tracks registrants. 

• 2.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 04-23-2019 21:15
    1. I would consider using Zapier integration if you want to use Google Forms.
    2. Another option can be to open the application to everyone on the internet, and publish that quickbase form where when people entered data, it would go directly into your quickbase table. Just be careful configuring the internet role to make sure they cannot see or do anything that they are not supposed to.

• 3.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 04-24-2019 10:16
    We use the quickbase API for such purposes; for example you can write a form in HTML which sends its data to a script (written in node, python, php or otherwise) which then sends the data to your quickbase database using api_addrecord. For any programmer that's an easy and straightforward path. Give me a shout if you need a hand

• 4.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 04-24-2019 13:42
    I don't think I understand this, and I'm not a programmer :/ I'm interest in learning how to do this if you think that's feasible...

• 5.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 10-14-2021 09:57
    Have you been able to figure out how to use a google form to feed into a table?

------------------------------
    Wayne Oliva

• 6.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 04-24-2019 13:04
    https://login.quickbase.com/db/6mztyxu8?act=DBPage&pagename=formWizard.html

You can use this wizard to build the html code for a form. It will ask you to sign in and select which fields you want to inlcude as part of the form

• 7.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 11-18-2021 22:37
    Hi Suzanne. I just ran across your post, as I currently have the same question.  Please let me know if you were able to identify a way to set up an external registration process that feeds into Quickbase. We are also manually entering registrants, which is very time consuming.  Uploading registrants is a bit easier for larger events, but we still need to first go through the list to identify individuals with existing records to prevent creating duplicates.

I would love to hear how (if) you were able to resolve this problem. Renee

Renee Williams

• 8.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 11-19-2021 08:25
    I know that QuickBase just announced native integration with Formstack, but I have not used it yet.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: Using an external form that feeds into a table?

Posted 11-20-2021 07:55

Hi Suzanne:

There are a quite a few options to add records to QuickBase using EOTI or Everyone on the Internet.

EOTI is the anonymous user that can be assigned a role that allows them to add records to QuickBase without a user license.  This is great for surveys, registrations, customer trouble tickets, etc.

Check out the following videos that describe how you can do this. 

ABC Customer Request Tracker:

https://youtu.be/QKdkJU5Tsz0

Submitting Google Forms into QuickBase:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzxiJ473ZHqwrf-Zek5zcbj656GLPT1O/view

We cover topics like this each weekday, M-F in our "Office Hours" webinars.  All are welcome to this open-topic-show-and-tell.

Kirk Trachy , Senior Solutions Consultant
    QuickBase | 603-674-5454 M | ktrachy@quickbase.com