Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

• 1.  Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 13:13
    Good Morning

I have an intresting situation,

If someone in <Role A> logs into QB from a mobile they are taken to the mobile version of their Dashboard and all reports and forms are presented in their mobile version.

If someone in <Role B> logs into QB from their mobile they begin in the mobile format for app selection, when they select the app they are taken to the full site for that app rather than the mobile version. if they click the little mobile icon next to the logout button they are taken to the  mobile version of the dashboard however as soon as they navigate anywhere they return to the full site.

I did the obvious test and assigned (temporarily) the Role B Dashboard to <Role A> and it worked fine. Same test in reverse and the Role A dashboard suffered the same fate.

My Question is:

Is there a way to test specifically for which bit of code is causing this, or is it possible to add the functionality manually??

Kindest Regards

Paul

• 2.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 13:16
    Are either of the Roles the Admin Role?

• 3.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 14:19
    Yes the role that works ok. I feel a sandbag approaching??

• 4.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 14:25
    I'm not saying I have the answer, but there is an option in Settings for the Application and Advanced Properties and I do see that it is labelled as treating  the Admin Role differently

Default View: Auto Desktop Mobile  (does not apply to admin users)

Maybe try different settings.

I have an app where I'm trying to ensure that it never goes into Mobile mode and I use that setting as part of my solution.

• 5.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 15:48
    Hiya
    Nope was not it, well picked up though, I had forgotten to check, I'll buy beer next month I see you.

Kind Regards

Paul

• 6.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 15:54
    OK Bizarre comment. it now works :)

• 7.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 16:00
    Maybe jiggling that setting woke it up.

• 8.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 16:10
    That is exactly what happened :) either way the champ strikes again :)

• 9.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 16:16
    And the highly technical solution which followed hours of research was to jiggle the virtual button and switch it on again :). None the less this is fixed

• 10.  RE: Will ""Image Onload"" (or or something else similar) Prevent QB from going into ""Mobile Mode"" on a Phone

Posted 03-15-2018 16:17
    :) a low code / no code solution ....