Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  When prompted, add information to a blank field in a report from another table.

Posted 07-02-2018 19:41
    Trying to automate batch filed creation. Current process is to create the batch file, then pull a report for "awaiting batch export" which has a field resembling "Related batch export" which is then Grid Edited to add the batch export name.

Is there a way of doing this automatically, like when the new Batch record is created have the name be copied to the line items report, if the name field is blank? We don't want to overwrite if a field is already filled in.

• 2.  RE: When prompted, add information to a blank field in a report from another table.

Posted 07-03-2018 13:20
    Is the situation that you create a Batch # parent record and then make a report of records not associated with a batch?  Then you grid edit to assign the batch# parent ie poulate [Related Batch].

Is your goal to be able to push a button to mass update all unassigned records with a parent [Related Batch#]?

• 3.  RE: When prompted, add information to a blank field in a report from another table.

Posted 07-03-2018 22:12
    That couldn't have been said better myself. Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking to do. We currently have a report which pulls the blank records, if that helps.

• 4.  RE: When prompted, add information to a blank field in a report from another table.

Posted 07-03-2018 22:55
    This can be done in a button but the steps involved are too many to explain here, unless you are really good at Quick Base as i can't take the timer to explain every click and syntax.   This would probably take me an hour to setup and demo to you, so if you want to pursue it contact me via the info in my website QuickBaseCoach.com.

Basically I make a self populating table of users, key field user,  called User focus. The user clicks a button and their userid is edited or added to include the focus batch number for the record that you are sitting on.  Then the button's next step is to import the records with the blank batch numbers  into themselves using API_RunImport and update just the [Related Batch] with the user focus batch#.  Then re-display the batch record so the user can see the child records are now attached.

• 5.  RE: When prompted, add information to a blank field in a report from another table.

Posted 07-06-2018 19:14
    I had a slightly different approach. I currently have a Table that auto populates with the most recent batch info, based on batch type, and updates when ever a new batch record is created.

I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up the import itself, I have the records table importing on itself, but for some reason Batch Info field isn't on the list as a source field.