Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Not returning to parent record

• 1.  Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-10-2018 22:13
    I have a parent table for POs and the button that adds a child record (Acct charge). But I can't get it to return to the PO record after I click "save & close" on the new acct charge record. What am I missing? This is my code:

URLRoot() & "db/bncigsm2t?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_3=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#]) &"&dfid=10" & "&z=" & Rurl()

• 2.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-10-2018 22:28
    So this part here 

&_fid_3=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])

says to populate fid 3 with the Record ID# that you are sitting on (ie the Purchase Order Record ID#).  But that fid is not the correct one.  You need to look at your child table and change that to be the fid of the field for [Related Purchase Order]

• 3.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-11-2018 14:51
    I'm not really sure what the problem is.,  You may need to go to Support.  Can you post the URL that appears when you click the Add Charge button?

• 4.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-11-2018 15:38

URLRoot() & "db/bncigsm2t?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_21=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#]) &"&dfid=10" & "&z=" & Rurl()

• 5.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-11-2018 16:00
    I actually was asking if you could copy and paste the actual URL that you see at the top of the screen when you click that button.

• 6.  RE: Not returning to parent record

• 7.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-11-2018 16:35
    I think that you will need to put in a support ticket, assuming that you are launching off a saved parent record and it is not returning to that parent record.  I can't see anything wrong.

• 8.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-11-2018 17:04
    I copied the coded and created a new button with the same code. Works perfect now lol

• 9.  RE: Not returning to parent record

Posted 01-11-2018 17:52
    That is bizzare, but sometimes we chalk things up to the world of the unexplained and move on.