Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 13:58
    Hi all. When I was modifying my apps home page and adding some new reports to it, I noticed that at some point I was no longer able to add another report. So I was wondering if there might be a limit on the number of reports that can be added to a home page. Or is there some other kind or limit, whether it be space or data based? I appreciate any and all help.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 14:01
    9 Report Widgets on a single Home Page.

• 3.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 14:10
    Thank you

• 4.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 14:07
    .. to follow on to what Laura posted above, the low tech solution is to include a link to a second dashboard of reports for the "Part 2" of the dashboard reports, and then a link on the Part 2 dashboard to get back to the part 1 dashboard.

There is a trick to include a dashboard in a dashboard to bypass the 9 report limit, but let's keep it simple for now.  I think that the 9 report limit was to respect the performance of the app for the other users.  To make that dashboard the system needs to run 9 reports and they may be "tough" reports so other users will all be waiting while that dashboard is prepared for the user, so they created that limit of just 9 report at a time, when used normally.

• 5.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 14:11
    Thank you, I appreciate the detailed response

• 6.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 14:33
    And/Or, you can add some additional 'button' widgets to connect to your other reports from the home page

• 7.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 15:04
    Good call. Thanks

• 8.  RE: Is there a limit on the number of reports that can be posted on the home page?

Posted 03-28-2019 19:53
    You can also  also add reports beyond your limit of 9 by using the webpage widget.  You just need to insert the url of the report into the widget. You may notice that the QB header info is still present.  To remove it just add ifv=1 to the end of the url.  

There is a post here with more detail on ifv: https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/how-can-i-remove-the-table-header-information-when-using-iframes-for-reports

If you also remove the filters from the report it should look very similar to your other embedded reports.

Jake Rattner | Solutions Architect
    (847) 927-1427 | jrattner@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base