Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Bulk Import to Numeric Reference Field?

Posted 05-22-2020 20:40
    Is there ANY way to bulk import data into a numeric reference field? I have 4,000 activities that I have to "assign" to their respective engagements (which have numeric identifiers) which then populates the name of the engagement in a text lookup field. The relationship is conditional to slim down the list of our engagements to only relate to the relevant contact and account. I've removed the condition for now so that I can bulk edit this field. However, it looks like the only way I can do anything in "bulk" is to first select the numeric identifier in the cell in grid edit and then fill down through the relevant activities. But, this is going to take me foreeeeeverrrrrr.  Any insight or trick would be much appreciated! Thank you!

------------------------------
    Cecilia Mullan

• 2.  RE: Bulk Import to Numeric Reference Field?

Posted 05-23-2020 06:19
    Is there any way to know by formula or rules which engagements they should be Assigned to. I mean is the correct assignments just based on you own knowledge?  Or is there any pattern to it ?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Bulk Import to Numeric Reference Field?

Posted 05-23-2020 08:55
    The information only exists in your head, then my suggestion is to make a report of records which need to be assigned so at least the report will get smaller as you process them, and then use imaginative sorts and filters to be able to use copy and paste on larger blocks.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Bulk Import to Numeric Reference Field?

Posted 05-23-2020 09:53
    Thanks very much Mark. The engagement assignment is based on the formula of the combination of the Contact Name and Account Name. Engagements are filtered down using this combination. It looks I will have to slog away and assign them as I've been doing unless you have a brilliant idea.

Cecilia Mullan