Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Copy multiple fields in a form to the same form for revisions

Posted 12-11-2018 17:41
    I have a set of fields in a form that are used to track permit application submissions and when revisions are required I'd like to be able to track the new revision without overwriting the values in the original fields. Ideally, when the "ULA-Status" field (Text - Multiple Choice) is set to "Revision Required" the entire set of fields would duplicate below the originals and have their values set to blank.

Click this image to see an illustration of my current field set.

• 2.  RE: Copy multiple fields in a form to the same form for revisions

Posted 12-11-2018 18:20
    And keep the existing record as-is? This sounds like a job for Automations...

• 3.  RE: Copy multiple fields in a form to the same form for revisions

Posted 12-11-2018 18:27
    Hi Alex, I'm trying to update the record with additional fields and so the original fields would remain.

• 4.  RE: Copy multiple fields in a form to the same form for revisions

Posted 12-11-2018 20:08
    Nathan, what you want is possible, but it begs the question, what happens when the revision is revised?  There is another approach to have a child table to tracks the changes to certain fields.

• 5.  RE: Copy multiple fields in a form to the same form for revisions

Posted 12-11-2018 20:20
    Hi Coach,

Yes, I should've stated in my first post that I would like to track multiple revisions, sometimes there can be upwards of 5.

• 6.  RE: Copy multiple fields in a form to the same form for revisions

Posted 12-11-2018 20:24
    OK, so i would create a child table called Revision History.  The fields would be [Changed by] (a user field)  and then a field called [Field changed] and then fields for old value and new value.

Then i would set up an ACTION to write into those child table when the record is modified and a certain a certain changes.  i sounds like you just have a few fields to log.

The you an show the embedded table of the audit logs in a Tab on your form.