Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Create a report in one app that brings over summarized data in another app

• 1.  Create a report in one app that brings over summarized data in another app

Posted 07-31-2017 16:49
    So, here's what I'm trying to do.  I have an app that tracks all the company's loans, and a separate app that tracks the company's assets.  In the Asset App I created a summary report for the total FMV of all the equipment that gets displayed on the dashboard.  I would like to create a report that summarizes the total remaining balance of the company loans (from the Loan App) that could be displayed on the dashboard in the Asset App next to the FMV summary report.  I'm sure there is a relatively easy way to do this, but I just can't seem to find it.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Create a report in one app that brings over summarized data in another app

Posted 07-31-2017 16:55
    Assuming that you have the report built, just set up a a dashboard element which is a Webpage.  That is one of the standard choices.

For the URL copy and paste in the URL of your report for the other app and suffix it with &ifv=1 like this.
    https://yqc.quickbase.com/db/xxxxxxx?a=q&qid=6&ifv=1

The suffix will suppress the "frame" around the report, so that you just have the bare report and not all the usual table headings..