Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to create a button that prints a report one record per page using a certain form.

Posted 09-11-2018 21:05
    I want to be able to provide my users with just a button that prints a given report, one per page, using given form.

Currently
    this involves several clicks, and exposing all the form names to the end users. As I was doing this manually, the end url looks like this:

https://<targetdomain>.quickbase.com/db/<dbid>?a=printrecords&ridlist=12191&start=0&num=16&dfid=26

I understand all these parameters except the "ridlist" parameter. I don't see any documentation anywhere for this either. With this, I would be able to provide the users with just a button that prints a given report with a given form one per page, rather than them having to go through all those clicks which can be error prone as well.

I figured getting rid of the &num parameter doesn't affect the number of records being printed. So it is pretty much the ridlist parameter that I am trying to figure out.

• 2.  RE: How to create a button that prints a report one record per page using a certain form.

Posted 09-11-2018 21:25
    I'm pretty sure that when you generate a report, Quick Base temporarily holds a list of the record ids on that report.  But that will not be something that you can know in advance what that list will be named as, I would guess that the next time you go to print that exact same report, it will be a different number.  They probably retain that record ID list for a limited time period like 30 minutes or a hour and then it's gone.

Just all guesswork on my part though.

• 3.  RE: How to create a button that prints a report one record per page using a certain form.

Posted 09-11-2018 22:04
    You may be right. But I think just having the list of RIDs is not enough. QuickBase would need the sort order and the query conditions as well. I feel QuickBase could make it much more parameterized, and allowed us to say ?a=printrec and &qid=<n> along with the &dfid, instead of the ridlist. But you never know what the original Gods there were thinking. I created a support ticket, let's see how that goes.

• 4.  RE: How to create a button that prints a report one record per page using a certain form.

Posted 01-26-2019 21:52
    Are you trying to make an Exact Form for this or just have it online so that they can print it out?