Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 04-23-2019 19:51
    I am using triggered notifications to verify a scheduled appointment. I'd like to send a follow-up email reminder 24 hours prior to the appointment date. I know reminders are only for registered QuickBase users. Is there a way to send reminder emails based on a field date, or 1 day before field date?

• 2.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 04-23-2019 19:53
    Are you asking if there is a way to send Automated email notifications to non users?

• 3.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 04-23-2019 19:55
    Correct. The caveat is that these users are already captured in our system and have already received triggered notifications for their scheduled appointment. We just want to send a reminder 24 hours before their appointment.

• 4.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 04-23-2019 20:16
    When you say this

The caveat is that these users are ...

But these are not users, then just email addresses, right?

Assuming that is what you meant, then the three choices I see are

1. Make a report of Reminders due to be sent, and make a formula URL button to update a date field to trigger the OPEN Notification and refresh the report with that record gone.  Then the user would receive a morning Subscription email and just mindless click a button on all the records until they are all sent.  So many clicks but pretty mindless and quick.

2. Contract with a QSP like myself to have the same thing done, but by clicking a single button once which would run a script to fire the individual emails by updating a date field on each respective record.  One click.

3. Contract with a QSP like Juiced to install their "Triggers Add On" to run a process automatically each day. No Clicks.

• 5.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 04-23-2019 20:22
    Thanks! Ideally, we won't have any clicks, so I'll have to look into Juiced. If the costs are too high, I'll reach out about the 1-click solution. 

• 6.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 04-24-2019 02:25
    This might be a non-starter if you're sending out appointment information - but do you specifically need to send any detailed information to the end recipient? As in - is it possible to send a generic email to anyone to be reminded that just says hey - appointment tomorrow - call us here if you have an issue - but not include any info specific to their actual appointment? Or do you need it to say 'Hey Kate - appointment tomorrow at 9:00 AM'

If you can send a generic, not targeted email - you could use Automations to run a daily scheduled action - and do a bulk-modify to all the records that are currently a day out to send a notification instead of a reminder. The limitation of that, is Automations will then fire off an Import call - which means it will modify them all at once - and send the multi-record version of a native QB notification - which means you can't include record / field specific data. It has to be as generic as it gets.

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base

• 7.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 05-02-2019 18:42
    Hi Quincy - I have a Quick Base add-on called SmartEmailReminder for Quick Base that can handle your situation, that is, email reminders to any email address.  It's a cloud-based, server solution, so no software for you to install.

Also, unlike Quick Base reminders, with SmartEmailReminder you can have nicely formatted messages (i.e. bold, italics, tables, images, etc.).  You can also attach Quick Base File Attachments, or other web-based attachments, if needed.  And of course, you can embed fields into your Subject and Body of the email, and use a Quick Base field for the To, Cc, Bcc and even set the From email address as well, either a fixed email address or use a Quick Base field.  For more details, have a look at http://www.softtechexperts.com/smartemailreminder.html or contact me directly.

• 8.  RE: Send Reminder Email To Non-Registered QuickBase User 24 Hours Prior To Date

Posted 05-02-2019 23:31
    Hi Quincy...as Mark recommended, you can use our Courier for Quick Base add-on that can provide the functionality you are looking for.
    https://www.juicedtech.com/courier