Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Create Multiple records

• 1.  Create Multiple records

Posted 02-08-2018 11:51
    Hi .. I have two Date fields ..if i enter project with the dates with different months .......then automatically create the records in between months of both the date fields.....i e EX-- start Date(6-2-2018) , End Date (10-06-2018) i want the records of July,august,September ,October,November in the grid... is it possible with using Web hooks, quick base actions or anything else?

Thanks in Advance

• 2.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-08-2018 20:44
    This can be done in a variety of ways ranging in capabilities. The following demo shows a way of creating a varying number child records based on either (1) field values or (2) via a popup dialog box that solicits the same information from the user (but without storing it in a field).

The button labeled "Sans Dialog" uses the fields named [Base Date], [Frequency] and [Number]
    to determine how many child records to create and initialize and does so without further interaction from the user.

The button labeled "With Dialog" solicits a base date, frequency and number from the user do determine how many child records to create and initialize and does so when the OK button is pressed.

Hylo Technique ~ Parents Dashboard
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bkw2ff3e3?a=q&qid=1

Here is a screenshot of the dialog from the second "With Dialog" button.

There are other issues to consider to maintain a current and accurate relationship between the parent and child records:
    • what happens when the end date is extended or shortened - the child records may no longer maintain the intended relationship with the parent and need some manual repair
    • what mechanism should be used to prevent or allow using the button to create a second set of child records
    • what happens when someone deletes a child record creating a gap in the evenly spaced dates
    • what happens when someone adds or changes a date of a child record disturbing the evenly spaced dates
    These points may seem overly worrisome but you should think out the implications of auto-generating the child records.

• 3.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 04-10-2018 07:32
    Hi,
           Can i generate childs records by using SAVE AND CLOSE Button rather than SAN DIALOG Button ?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 10:25
    Hi,
         please  can you Explain briefly  what are the field types and which formulas are using for Sans Dialog,with Dialog .

• 5.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 10:31
    >please  can you Explain briefly  what are the field types and which formulas are using for Sans 

You speak in plural about two fields - there is only one Rich Text formula field for those two buttons. Let me repeat: This may amaze you but there is only one Rich Text formula field (not two) and it has the following formula:
    [iol] & "moduleParents.js" & [/iol]
    &
    "<a class='QBU_SansDialog Vibrant Success' " &
    "  data-rid='" & [Record ID#] & "'" &
    "  data-basedate='" & [Base Date] & "'" &
    "  data-frequency='" & [Frequency] & "'" &
    "  data-number='" & [Number] & "'" &
    ">Sans Dialog</a>" &
    "&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" &
    "<a class='QBU_WithDialog Vibrant Success' " &
    "  data-rid='" & [Record ID#] & "'" &
    ">With Dialog</a>"

• 6.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 11:00
    thanks,
         [iol] & "moduleParents.js" & [/iol], are these variables ?
      please can you give settings access for your send application.

• 7.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 11:07
    can you please send me the moduleparents.js page code 

• 8.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 11:14
    Hi Sandeep,

No one can give you the setting access to their application. Here, we can only guide you to set up the things and give the solution to your problems.

Did you read the IOL setup instructions? if now, please read here">https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/how-do-i-setup-the-image-onload-technique-iol">here first.

You can set up the variables in the app settings.

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1701857/RackMultipart20180209-47504-1h8gr8o-image_inline.png?1518174832">

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 9.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 11:17
    Please find the detailed explanation here of the Hylo technique which is created by Dan Diebolt. Please do not forget to mention his name and mobile number at the bottom of the code page as it is copyright.

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 10.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-09-2018 13:51
    Hi Gaurav,
    i have implemented all the process still it does not work 

Thanks,
    sandeep 

• 11.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 02-12-2018 09:44
    Can you tell me some more information means which part is not working or is it giving any error?

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 12.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 03-16-2018 10:29
    can u please give me ur skype ID

• 13.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 03-16-2018 10:29
    can u please give me ur skype ID

• 14.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 03-16-2018 12:29
    gauravsoft93

• 15.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 03-23-2018 04:54
    Thank you

• 16.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 03-23-2018 07:35
    Is it required any webhook?

• 17.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 03-23-2018 07:38
    No. As Dan mentioned, it can easily be done by the IOL technique.

• 18.  RE: Create Multiple records

Posted 04-10-2018 09:08
    Hi,
           Can i generate childs records by using SAVE AND CLOSE Button rather than SAN DIALOG Button ?

Thanks