Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Evergage Page Flash & Errors

Posted 12-20-2017 21:09
    Any body else getting errors from the Evergage.min.js source files?

We are seeing this on multiple accounts.

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1684267/RackMultipart20171220-48232-1fj8fij-Capture3_inline.PNG?1513803934">

It is causing the page to have a reload 'flash' when you load any page on the apps.

Click the home page and see if it flashes once it starts to show.

Just wanted to see if other are seeing the same thing.

• 2.  RE: Evergage Page Flash & Errors

Posted 12-20-2017 21:11
    It has been there for at least a month. Very annoying if you work in the console all day long.

• 3.  RE: Evergage Page Flash & Errors

Posted 12-20-2017 21:16
    True, but the flashing is much worse in the last day. 

I wonder if the evergage.css is the beta stuff for the new UI they are working on...

• 4.  RE: Evergage Page Flash & Errors

Posted 12-20-2017 21:25
    It is a service they use to track your behavior and up-sell people on trials: 

The Real-Time Personalization Platform
    http://www.evergage.com/

• 5.  RE: Evergage Page Flash & Errors

Posted 12-20-2017 22:00
    They had been using the WalkMe service.  That one was 'rough' too.  

At least they are working to improve things, so I'll take it.  Just wish it wouldn't hinder the UX.

• 6.  RE: Evergage Page Flash & Errors

Posted 12-21-2017 17:00
    I head back from QB Support and they have disabled the portion of Evergage that was causing the issue:

"""""""""""""
    I just heard back from our Tier 2 Support Team and our PD Team on this and it looks like your suspicions were correct. We have worked with Evergage on this issue and have disabled the offending feature and the page flashes have been resolved. You may still see the error messages in the console, but they should not affect performance going forward. 

Again thank you for reporting this issue! 
    """""""""""""

If you ever what to see where your website traffic is going, and block some of the extra monitoring services that come with most SaaS.  There are several Google Chrome extensions that will block the add-ons that you might not want.

Cheers,