Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I want a text field to be populated with the username of who checked a checkbox.

• 1.  I want a text field to be populated with the username of who checked a checkbox.

Posted 01-30-2019 16:36
    I can't quite figure out how to create the correct formula. I don't need it to be populated by the last modified user (because several people could alter the form during the day), and I don't need it to be the owner because some forms are imported from emails. I need it to be whoever checks this checkbox first. 

• 2.  RE: I want a text field to be populated with the username of who checked a checkbox.

Posted 01-30-2019 19:03
    You can use a form rule like this

• 3.  RE: I want a text field to be populated with the username of who checked a checkbox.

Posted 01-30-2019 19:21
    You will need to create two fields for this. 1) checkbox  2) text field with edit log enabled  

Create a form rule that says "whenever checkbox is checked, change the text log to the value "checked"  (i.e. when "myCheckbox" is checked, change "userLog" to the value in "checked"). Keep the option to fire on change only

This will create a log of entries that will give the user name and a value of "checked" each time the checkbox is checked or rechecked.

Then, if you just want the first entry, use the list function to slice by ";" 

Another option would be to create a form rule that changes the text field and makes both fields uneditable once the box is checked, then the text field will only contain the name of the first person to check it. 

I'm sure there are other methods, this is just off the top of my head.