Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Filter Embedded report

• 1.  Filter Embedded report

Posted 07-27-2014 07:23

Hi Team,

I have two tables Project and Attachments.

Relationship: Project<Attachments

Attachments has following fields:

Upload,description, document type

Now I want to show the related attachment in project using report link.But it has to show only that attachments which has document type Input and Final .

I don't want to show that attachments which has document type Production.

But when I try to make filter in embedded report then it is showing all the attachments in

project which are related or not related to project.

• 2.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 07-27-2014 12:16
    No problem
    Create a report of attachments called "Just Final Attachments" ( for all projects).

Then go to your form on the Project record and edit the form properties for the report link field to use that new report

• 3.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 07-27-2014 18:36
    Thanx for reply, but if I implement the above solution then it will show the all attachments but I want to show related attachment to that project, how can I show only related attachmets to particular project ?
    please suggest  me the solution .

• 4.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 07-27-2014 21:04
    The report link field which is sitting on the left side of your relationship between projects and attachments will only show records for the project you're viewing. That is the whole point of a report link field. The extra filter you're putting on for final attachments is in addition to the filter for only  attachments related to that project.

I suggest you give it a try!

• 5.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 02-27-2019 23:00
    Is it possible to have additional filters on an Embedded report?

• 6.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 02-27-2019 23:05

For example 

One Product Line has Many SKUs.

But you only want to show SKUs marked as "Active" on the main Product Line form.

So just make a new report with your columns and sort and filter just for "Active" is checked.  No other filters.  Save the report but make it visible to non one (so no one messes with it).

Then set the form property for the embedded report to use that report instead of the default record picker.

• 7.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 07:16
    I have created an embedded report that is a parent t​o a child table. The child table already has an existing default form with specific values for certain users to enter.

I created a new form for a new group of users using some of the fields from the existing form. This new user group can only access the new form I have created. Once users enter values in the fields on the form, the data is not being captured in the embedded report. Does anyone have an idea as to why that is?

------------------------------
    Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 8.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 07:32
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 09-17-2019 07:32
    Sorry, but your question is very confusing so it's difficult to help you.

Please describe your question again.  Also your opening sentence seems backwards. How can you have an embedded reports that is a parent to a child table.  Is that what you really mean?  Perhaps you can use the real world terms for your two tables.  What do they represent?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 07:50
    Thanks for the quick response Mark, hopefully this clears things up a bit.

I have a Case table that is the parent to an Employment Status table in the table to table relationship. The Employment Status Table already has an existing default form with specific fields for users to enter information.

I created a new form within the Employment Status table for a new group of users using some of the fields that were on the default form. 

I also created a form within the Case table that has a button to take the user to the new form I created in the Employment status table, so they can enter information.

Once the users enter values on the new form within the Employment Status Table, the data is not being captured on the embedded report I have on the Case Table form.

Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 10.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 08:01
    When you say that the data is not being captured, are you saying that in fact the records are being saved, but they are not appearing on the embedded report?

On this new form you have created, is there a field for [Related Case].  Is that value of [Related Case] populated when data is entered on this alternate form?  When the users use the alternate button to create an entry on the alternate form, can you paste in the code for that Add Child on Alternate Form field?  Is it populating the [Record ID#] of the case into the field ID# for [Related Case] on the child record?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 11.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 08:12
    So I was unable to figure out the right code for the Add Child on Alternate Form field that would take the user directly to the new form I created. As a result I tried to use a work around, where I set  the new form I created as the default form for the new user group. I'm thinking that is where the issue stems from?

Here is the code for the Add Child on Alternate form field:

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_INDIVIDUAL_SERVICE_PLAN] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_10=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 12.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 08:19
    Also it seems the Related Record ID field is not being populated when a new record is created. I'm sure all of this is stemming from the Add Child on alternate form field code.

Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 13.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 08:27
    OK, so what is the field ID# for the field probably called [Related Case].  Is it field ID# 10?  Because that s the field that the code is trying to populate.  The other possibility is that you have the same data entry field on the from twice and the one with the second appearance is blank.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 14.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 08:37
    So the form ID for the new form I created was 10. I thought the "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_10 part of the formula was pointing towards the form ID.

I updated that part of the code to "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29 where 29 is the fid for "Related Case". Still no luck :(

Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 15.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 10:25
    Is that field on the form?  or the Proxy for that field?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 16.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 13:00
    Put the field or the proxy field on the form at least in read only mode.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 17.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 13:26
    Those fields are coming up blank for some reason

Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 18.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-17-2019 13:28
    Can you post your current code?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 19.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 09-19-2019 12:18
    Sorry for getting back to you so late Mark but I got some assistance from Laura on your team. It seemed I the data point I was using in my formula was from an old relationship. Thanks for all the help!​

Wallace (DHS) Yeboah

• 20.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 02-27-2019 23:49
    That is if its always the same filter. I want the user to be able to filter based on his requirements which can vary._

• 21.  RE: Filter Embedded report

Posted 02-27-2019 23:57
    The low tech solution is to teach the users to click the Full Report link at the top of the embedded report and then ensure that you offer them useful Dynamic filters.

Alternatively, it is possible to make a URL formula button to run the report in a new tab.