Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynamic Form Rule Show/Hide not working for 'list-user (lookup)' field

• 1.  Dynamic Form Rule Show/Hide not working for 'list-user (lookup)' field

Posted 12-25-2018 17:29
    I have a Jobs table for tasks, and a separate User table. There is a relationship between the two, so that I can assign tasks to Users based on a List-User (lookup) field. Typically there are 2 users assigned to any specific Task and input data into the form separately, so i have 2 separate user-list lookup fields, to assign them individually. I'd like to have them enter their work/travel times for each task they're assigned, and have separate input fields for each assigned user. 

I'd like to only show the relevant work/travel time input fields for user 1 to the current user when he/she is logged in, while hiding the work/travel time input fields for user 2 on the form, and vice versa.
    I'm trying to use the following (2 separate) Dynamic Form Rules:
    -Rule 1
    When [List-User Lookup Field 1] is = to Current User
     show (Section 1 that has the travel/work time input fields)
    -Rule 2
    When [List-User Lookup Field 2] is = to Current User
     show (Section 2 that has the travel/work time input fields)

The issue i'm having is that the corresponding section is showing up in the Task form when viewing (when current user is logged in and has been assigned the task), but that same section disappears completely when the User clicks to edit the form. Can't figure out why the relevant section isn't showing up for the current user to edit.

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Form Rule Show/Hide not working for 'list-user (lookup)' field

Posted 01-17-2019 20:55
    Is it possible you have those sections set differently for view/add/edit in the main form editor?

see dropdown on right pane