Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-13-2017 03:33
    In some summary reports, the dynamic filters do not show any records in the drill down report set even though there are records matching the filters applied. This problem does not occur when I launch the drill down report directly, not from the summary report. 

Have anyone faced this issue? I'm clueless about how this is happening for some summary (not all) summary reports.

Before Applying Filter:

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1551190/RackMultipart20170213-117547-nbf3am-Before_Applying_Filter_inline.jpg?1486956670">

After Applying Filter:

• 2.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-13-2017 03:42
    The drilldown report will use the filters from the parent/master report in addition to any existing filters on the selected drilldown report.

You will want to make your "drilldown" report with the styling and columns you want, BUT make sure there are zero filters applied.

Then make that report the drilldown, when clicked, from a graph for example, it will apply those new filters from the parent report. 

Prior to clicking the dynamic filters, try clicking the little "wrench" symbol to see what filters are already being applied.  

Maybe post some screen shot of those filters and you might be able to see what is causing the data to be missing.

• 3.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-13-2017 04:13
    Thanks for the response! Initially, I suspected the same. I came to know that it's not good to have initial filters set in the drill down report. But, this report does not have any initial filters set.

Drill down Report Settings:

Before applying the filter:

(I'm not sure why the drill down report has the same filters applied 3 times when it's opened from the summary report.)

After applying a dynamic filter: 

(Initial filters are getting removed for some reasons)

Thanks,
    Dinesh

• 4.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-13-2017 04:22
    That is very odd.  I haven't seen this before.  I wish I could help but in all honesty it looks like a bug.  Maybe a support case is going to be your best route.

it could have something to do with the types of filters coming from your initial summary report.  

Just to experiment, try making the same report from scratch again and see if it gives you the same errors.

Also, try simplifying a few of the variables and see if it give you any insight as to what may be causing it.

• 5.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-13-2017 04:31
    Yes, I too feel that there is a bug in the summary report with many initial filters set. The same drill down report works just fine with another summary report.

This could be because of the unnecessary repetition of filters applied in drill down report when it's opened from summary report.

I'll raise a support ticket. 

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Thanks.,
    Dinesh

• 6.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-14-2017 10:07
    I've raised a QuickBase support ticket. Waiting for their response....

• 7.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-18-2017 05:29
    Did you ever hear anything back, I ran into this today with a large report and its very odd.

• 8.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 02-20-2017 03:12
    I got a response to explain with more details even though I mentioned the problem clearly. I didn't get time to follow up last week. I'll do it and get back to you.

• 9.  RE: Summary Report Drilldown Issue

Posted 04-11-2017 15:08
    I'm having the same issue, as well. Not sure how to rectify this, did you find a solution?