Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

Posted 06-18-2019 10:51
    I have a projects table, a project members table, and a contacts table.  The project members table is a many to many since a contact can be part of many projects and a project can have many contacts.

What I am trying to do is to view a contact record and display a table of projects in which they are a project member.

But I cannot seem to expose the related projects table from the contacts table.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?  here is my relationship diagram thus far.

• 2.  RE: Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

Posted 06-18-2019 11:10
    no problem,

You are over thinking this.

On the Project members table lookup the field for project name.  I bet you have already done that.

The on the contacts record include a Report link embedded report of Project Members and only show the [Project name] field on the report used on the form.

• 3.  RE: Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

Posted 06-18-2019 16:09
    Okay that makes sense, but how do I filter it only to include projects this contact is associated with?  Since it is passing through a joining table.

• 4.  RE: Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

Posted 06-18-2019 16:27
    Did you try it? The report link will naturally filter only for join records which are related to the contact.

• 5.  RE: Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

Posted 06-18-2019 17:26
    Ah it worked!  When I added it showed the entire report outside of the contact initially which showed all projects.  That is what I thought it was doing wrong.

You are right, totally over thought it!  Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

Posted 06-18-2019 17:45
    Well done. Yes that report link field introduces the extra filter really so that only the relevant records Show on the parent resource record.