Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

• 1.  The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-22-2018 16:01
    The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything and my So my notes which are in the report are harder to read. I don't like the format for the report.

• 2.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-22-2018 16:54
    I liked it at first glance, but now, yes, you're right. The centered makes it had to just read across each row. :)

• 3.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-22-2018 17:12
    Mark,
    Am I right in understanding you have text fields with different lengths of content, so the rows are sizing to contain all the content? And because the text is centered now, it's meaning all the values are centered to the middle of wide rows?

Sam Jones
    QuickBase Product Manager

• 4.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-22-2018 17:17
    I am a different "Mark", but you have it correct. 

The fields on a table report used to be top aligned and now they are vertically centered so as your eyes read across its all higgly piggly up and down.

• 5.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-22-2018 17:32
    That is correct.  As you can see in the screen shot from the other Mark shows how difficult it is to read a report without scrolling up and down to read.  

• 6.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-22-2018 17:45

Yes the new UI is crap from a usability stand point, is there a way to switch back? 

• 7.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-23-2018 18:49

I submitted a ticket about this. +1 on changing the justification back to the TOP, not CENTERED !!

Our users are having difficulty reading the reports.

• 8.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-23-2018 20:00
    Hey all,
    We'll be patching this issue tonight. Thanks for the feedback!

Sam Jones

• 9.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-23-2018 22:22
    Excuse my ignorance but does patching mean fixing?

• 10.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-23-2018 22:23
    Patch means we're updating the software which runs Quick Base. It's called a patch because it only fixes bugs, it doesn't release new features. It's the third patch we've done since Monday. 

We believe that it should fix this bug.

Sam Jones

• 11.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-23-2018 22:27
    Thanks for your help!

• 12.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-23-2018 22:22
    +1 to Quickbase !!

• 13.  RE: The UI is making it difficult for me to read my reports. It is centering everything

Posted 01-25-2018 02:18
    Thanks for fixing it last night.  The reports look great and I am happy with all of the other changes.  Thanks again.