Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Creating subtasks in a task

Posted 07-14-2017 17:36
    I have a list of tasks each of which containing subtasks. I want there to be a column that will total and show the number of subtasks associated with the task and then be a hyperlink that takes you to these subtasks. Does anyone know how to do this?

• 2.  RE: Creating subtasks in a task

Posted 07-14-2017 17:40
    You will want to go to the settings for the relationship between 'tasks' and 'sub-tasks'.

In there you can click the button to 'add summary'

Don't change any of the options when it loads.  By default it will count all sub-tasks associated with the parent task.

Click save, it will probably prompt you to name it "# of Sub-tasks".  Change the name if you'd like.

Save. 

That field be default will also be a link to all the subtask records, but will also be a count.

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: Creating subtasks in a task

Posted 07-14-2017 18:05

I got that field, but cannot get it to show up in the task report. Do you have any suggestions?

• 4.  RE: Creating subtasks in a task

Posted 07-14-2017 18:28
    the other thing is that i need to see these subtasks and tasks within a table called projects. Projects will show all the tasks, then when I click on the tasks i want to see the number of subtasks under that.

• 5.  RE: Creating subtasks in a task

Posted 07-15-2017 04:01
    You will want to edit the "embedded report for projects".  It is a hidden report on the Task table, that is shown on the form. 

In that report you will want to add the "# of Sub-Tasks" field.

If you are having a hard time, look up some tutorials on editing the embedded report link on a form.

If you can't find anything I can get some screen shots together to help you.