Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Use section headings from my form to separate data on a table report

Posted 09-07-2017 13:12
    I have a form collecting data in different headings such as safety, quality, etc. With the new tabs function they are there own tab but the data is entered by various sites.  When I create a report to show all the data I would also like to use the section headings/tabs headings to organize and define the data.  is there a way to show the form headings in a report with the entered data?

• 2.  RE: Use section headings from my form to separate data on a table report

Posted 09-07-2017 13:29
    The only native control you have over a table report is to group related fields next to each other. You could use script to colorize various groups of columns (not rows) according to the tab the field was in on a form. Or you could use script to layout a custom report that broke out of the blas� table layout.

Why don't you post a mockup of how you wold like your report to look irrespective of native capabilities? Let your imagination run wild and unleash yourself from reality as I am 100% confident any report format you come up with is doable with script.