Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Deactivation doesn't remove user from Apps?

Posted 11-10-2017 14:44
    I've had several people I've needed to deactivate recently who have left the company, but found if when I deactivate, it does not remove them from the individual apps they had access to.
    So with 1, I went and removed the access to the apps before deactivating. Turns out after removing them from the app, they are no longer listed in the Users w/Access for me to deactivate.

Is there any way to deactivate a user and it removes them from all the Apps at the same time?

• 2.  RE: Deactivation doesn't remove user from Apps?

Posted 11-10-2017 14:47
    Just add the user to the deny list. Adding them there denies them access to any applications they may be registered to use.

• 3.  RE: Deactivation doesn't remove user from Apps?

Posted 11-10-2017 14:52
    Application owner can only deactivate the user from the application. It should be the Account Manager (you should have one representing your company on all the accounts of QB) who can add the user to "denied list" which will deactivate the user from all applications. Hope this helps.

• 4.  RE: Deactivation doesn't remove user from Apps?

Posted 11-10-2020 10:44
    I wish I would've known about this. I removed a user and I'm seeing evidence that that user is still able to access the app. How would I proceed in this case. Do I need to set up the user again and then add to the deny list? Or would the "account manager" still be able to do this?

------------------------------
    Barry Dolan
    ------------------------------