Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  What happens when the person created Automation left and user disabled?

Posted 10-24-2018 18:25
    Would all the automation stop working? How would the other admin users fix this issue, do they have to edit every single automation this person created to "take ownership"? Wouldn't it be better for the automation to have a "system admin" default user permission so this doesn't happen in the first place?

• 2.  RE: What happens when the person created Automation left and user disabled?

Posted 10-24-2018 18:39
    Two choices.

1. Use a robot type userid (ie not a real person), owned by the IT dept that will love forever.  
    2. When someone leaves, yes, remember to touch every Automation they own to make a trivial edit to the description to change the ownership.

I encourage my clients to use Option 1 since if the real user loses access, the automation will fail.

• 3.  RE: What happens when the person created Automation left and user disabled?

Posted 10-24-2018 18:52
    Thanks!

• 4.  RE: What happens when the person created Automation left and user disabled?

Posted 10-24-2018 18:49
    Hi Fusion,

If an Admin is leaving who previously owned a number of automations you would indeed want to have a new admin or admins go in to edit and take over their Automations as they fire off of their owners permissions. For best results you want to be sure that the permissions of the new Admin line up with those used by the previous Admin to avoid errors. Changing over before that person is denied from your account will help to assure they continue to run smoothly. 

I have heard this feedback before from users but checking out our User Voice I actually don't see an entry for it yet. If an alternative to having a specific user own an Automation is something that would be helpful for you I would suggest adding that feedback to our User Voice. User Voice is a tool our Product Development team use to track users interest in new features and enhancements to existing features like Automations. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. 

If you do post a User Voice request I would suggest posting it here in this thread so that other users in the Community can add their votes as well. Thank you Fusion for your time today and I hope that information is helpful. 

• 5.  RE: What happens when the person created Automation left and user disabled?

Posted 10-24-2018 18:54
    Thanks, I will post this suggestion to User Voice. It just doesn't make sense to tie Automation permissions to individual admin user.