Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-19-2015 19:38

Do I need to have full management under account permissions?  If not, to what can I restrict myself and still be able to create new apps, add users etc.  I do not want to have access to billing info if it isn't necessary.

• 2.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-20-2015 16:57
    Under account permissions (Manage [your account] > Permissions - there's a dropdown for "Create Applications", which can be set to either "Create" or "No".

The "Create" setting would allow you to create new apps.

The dropdown for "Account Permissions" has the following values:  Full Management, Support-Level, No.

"Support-Level" would allow you to add users, manage apps, etc. - but will not allow you access to billing.  

Note - if you give yourself "Support-Level" permissions, you would also NOT be able to change your Account Permissions anymore.  So make sure that there's still someone else with Full Management rights.

Here's the online help for setting account permissions:

http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/Default.html#account_permissions.html

• 3.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-26-2015 11:40
    Thank you for your response.  I double checked and I am set to to be able to create apps and have full management access, but I still don't have admain/app manager permissions in the actual app I need ot be able to work in.  The app was created before my user role was created.

How can I change my permissions in the app where I am allowed to change user roles to mine or below, but not higher? Can an app only have one admin?

Thanks again four your help!

• 4.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-26-2015 17:36

• 5.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-26-2015 17:39
    First - if the App Manager is available - you can ask him/her to give you the appropriate access for that specific app.

They can assign you a given role (and/or customize the permissions for that role).
    They can give you "Full Administration" access", "Basic Access with Sharing", or "Basic Access"

Sounds like you want them to give you "Basic Access with Sharing" - where you can manage users, but cannot give anybody else "Full Administration" access."

See more here on the online help.
    https://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/configure_role_permissions.html

Alternatively, to become the App Manager - you can do the following

1)  Go to the Account Admin section:  Manage [your account] > Apps
    2)  Select the app  (you'll see "Managed by" - which would be the current App Mananger)
    3)  On the right, you'll see "Transfer App"
    4)  In the "Transfer Application" page - fill in your email address (that you're using for QuickBase) in "Transfer to"
    5)  It will take you through a series of prompts.  
    6)  At the end, you'll receive an alert on your QuickBase account.  Once you accept the ownership, then you're now the new Application Manager for the app.

• 6.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-26-2015 18:20
    I do not have access to the current App Manager.  Is there a way to excecute the second option that doesn't diminish the authority of the current App Manager?  Can there only be one?

Thanks again for your response!

• 7.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-26-2015 18:27
    There can be only 1 App Manager.

However - there can be multiple Administrators in the Application.

If you need App Administration access immediately in the app - then I'd suggest that you follow the steps above to transfer the app to you as the new App Manager.

Then, when the original App Manager is available again, you can reverse the process, and transfer the App Management back to him/her.  Then they can manage your permissions in the app going forward.

• 8.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 08-26-2015 18:29
    OK, I got it.  That is the answer I needed to see.  Thank you!

• 9.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 01-30-2019 23:04
    Lol, as an account admin I cannot simply change the roles of users in apps without jumping through small hoops, that's completely ridiculous.

• 10.  RE: Under account permissions I have full management. I need to be app admin and to create new apps when necessary. How do assign myself app admin status?

Posted 01-30-2019 23:47
    Actually, it is not ridiculous, but there is a good solution..  You may be an Account Admin, but there could be sensitive employee data or financial data that you should not be permitted to see in HR or Accounting apps.

If you would like be be listed as a Super User who has admin access to all apps in your Realm, then contact support and they can set that up for you.  They will take steps to validate your request and will require some kind of written authorization form to be signed by an officer of the company.