Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Current way to change form background color

Posted 01-11-2019 20:38
    I was just wondering if there was an updated (current) way to change the background color of a form? I tried the few examples I found here in the forum but could only get the html body div to change. Thanks

• 2.  RE: Current way to change form background color

Posted 01-14-2019 14:43
    Hi David,

There is not currently a built in function to set the background color for an entire form to another color. It is possible as you mentioned to colorize specific fields using html body divs but the same control isn't given via formulas to the entire page via a built in setting. There are some threads on the Community where javascript or other custom coding is used to colorize a form. While that is the case if this is something that would be important for your use of Quick Base I would suggest adding it as feedback to our User Voice. User Voice is a customer feedback tool that our Product Development team uses to track user interest in new features and enhancements. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. It helps user requests to be more visible and also to gain votes from other users with the same needs. I would also suggest if you do submit this request including a link back to that User Voice request here so that other Community users who have a similar need to you can add their vote. 

• 3.  RE: Current way to change form background color

Posted 01-15-2019 17:30
    One of the best examples of the type of thread Evan mentions: 
    https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/change-color-of-form-background

3Q&S will do it, it will just take experimenting on your part to find all the elements that need changing.

• 4.  RE: Current way to change form background color

Posted 01-15-2019 17:41
    I figured it could work I just haven't been able to identify the ID's of the elements I need. I think the actual form object/element is stored server-side? idk 

• 5.  RE: Current way to change form background color

Posted 01-15-2019 17:44
    I hate poking around in css, so I usually avoid it whenever possible, but if you're handy with the dev console (I am not) it's definitely well within reach. Dan posted a few iterations of the solution in that thread; I'd say give it a shot and see how far that gets you.