Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 07-12-2018 13:29
    Hello,
    I'd like the be able to grant users in a role the ability to customize their forms.  To the best of my knowledge, I can check the "Edit App Structure and Permissions" box in the role setting, but I'd like them not to be able to access other components like roles, app management, etc.
    Is there another way around this? Or is it an all-or-nothing deal?

• 2.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 07-12-2018 13:31
    It's gunna be all or nothing.

• 3.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 07-12-2018 14:05
    Good to know, thanks! 

• 4.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 09-26-2018 15:32
    That's really too bad :(

• 5.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 09-27-2018 17:50
    Cue Evan Martinez with his recommendation to open a request in user voice to get more granularity for these controls...

• 6.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 09-27-2018 18:15
    Alex would be correct this is when I would usually chime in and suggest you post this up on our User Voice platform. Especially if you have some specific suggestions about what permissions you feel should get their own level of control and enhance your administration in Quick Base.

Feedback from customers previously is what lead our PD team to break the permissions apart for "Edit app structure and permissions" and "Manage users and share the app". That happened back when I was still on the Care team to enhance Admin options.The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. If you do post on User Voice I also always suggest that you link to your post here in the Community so that others who share the same need can add their Votes. 

• 7.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 09-27-2018 18:24
    Will do - thanks for the suggestion!

• 8.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 09-27-2018 18:20
    I think the simple option to give certain users only the ability to customize forms would be extremely empowering, especially when certain forms may almost never be used by the admins that designed them.

• 9.  RE: Allow a Role Permission to Customize Form, But Not App Structure?

Posted 09-27-2018 19:22