Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

Posted 04-04-2017 16:28
    we are using quick base to store customer information and we assign that information to a security code...  Is it possible to create a form on our website where retailers can load the information and that info will get imported to quickbase?

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

Posted 04-04-2017 16:34
    You can use a role and user called "Everyone on the Internet", then just use the new record form on your website.

You will want to be very careful about the permissions and access, otherwise people could see your confidential information relatively easy.

On the other end, you can use a "Portal" which will avoid user counts and more security

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

Posted 04-04-2017 16:38
    I create a form for everyone on the internet and then cloak it with my host company
    e.g. qbcontact.mickgraham.net goes straight into a contact app 
    This is my contact button on my website.  
    Its quite easy to do with eveyone on internet, a new form for contacts is all you would need.

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

Posted 04-04-2017 16:56
    I was actually just testing something and changed the internet role temporarily from Viewer to Participant.  :)

How can I get round the pageid security. Other than link it to a webpage?

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

Posted 04-04-2017 17:00
    There is not a good way, other than restricting a field access to a field that is on the reports on the dashboards, but open to the internet can also see all your code pages.

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to link my form to a website where people can populate the information and it the data will be collected in qbase?

Posted 04-04-2017 17:01
    Perhaps use a second application to host the success page but have nothing else in that application? I would have to test if you can still reach the pages of the application hosting the form. QuickBase's permissions is not all that fine grained where you can control every possible type of access.

On the other hand someone would have to have deep knowledge of QB to exploit  this - most hackers just go for the low hanging fruit trying to exploit unpatched wordpress, drupal etc sites.