Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

One step assign Lookup Field

• 1.  One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 07:06

I have a lookup field for selecting salesperson to a certain account. Some historic data will be showing this field as "Blank", is there a way to select 1 salesperson for all these items at one go?

• 2.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 10:33
    Are you asking about how to fill in the blanks records with a new salesperson?
    If so, then you can make a report filtered on Where salesperson is blank. Then run the report, click Grid Edit and fill in the blanks and save.

• 3.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 12:27

I'm currently using the default report which everyone can view & add an additional Salesperson column (to filter those blank ones). Tried Grid edit but it says "Non editable field" as it is a lookup field. It will be too time consuming to edit each & every record to assign a salesperson.

• 4.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 12:33
    Yes, you can't edit lookup fields. But you can update that field in the parent table.

Let me know if you need any help in this.

Thanks,
    Gaurav

• 5.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 12:38
    Hi Gaurav, do you mean changing the field type in the parent table? If so, would that affect other reports?

• 6.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 12:42
    No, you don't need to change the field type. What I am saying. Go to your parent table and look for the field which you are using as a lookup in the child table and update the value there.

Got it?

• 7.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 13:17
    Got it now. Thank you!

• 8.  RE: One step assign Lookup Field

Posted 05-02-2017 13:32
    Great :)

Let me know if you need any further help.