Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 14:43
    We create records that have the same data but only a few fields change.  I want to create a way to save and add new record with the data remaining.  

• 2.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 14:47
    The low tech solution is to be sitting on a record  in View mode and then use the More button to Copy this record.  

Note that you can set in each respective's field's Properties whether it copies forward (or is blank)  when you do that.

If you want to make a formula URL button to do that to make that more obvious to your users, you can make a formula URL button with this formula

URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=GenCopyRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#]

• 3.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 14:49
    Write a formula URL using API_AddRecordForm and fill in the fields you want to copy:

https://help.quickbase.com/api-guide/index.html#gen_add_record_form.html

If you don't want to edit the record but rather just create the record use API_AddRecord

• 4.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 14:58
    Okay this works.  Is there a way to be in edit mode, so during creation of a record.  This is going on the floor and will probably be too complicated.  If not, maybe an alternative would be instead of save and close or save in new option to save and stay in the current record then copy.  

• 5.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 15:02
    I'm not sure I understand.  You can only copy a record that has been already saved.  So the Operator would navigate to a record and then copy it to make a new record. 

• 6.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 15:06
    The two options are save and close / save and new.  Is there a way to save and stay on the record.  

• 7.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 15:49
    If you want the allow the users to Save and Keep working (ie stay in edit mode), then that is an additional option you can set in form properties on the tab called "Properties

• 8.  RE: Save with fields remaining the same

Posted 02-01-2018 16:35
    Ahh nevermind.  I figured it out.  Thank you!