Forum Discussion

ChrisSwirtz3
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Auto save function not saving record

I have the autosave function turned on for a table and a button in the table that navigates back to the home page with the intent to save the record progress where it is when clicking on the button. Furthermore, upon creating a record, there are a couple of other fields that are auto-filled in, one from the parent/child relationship and the other from the code in the Add Record button. However, if a record is started, and no other changes are made beyond those 2 auto-filled fields it doesn't save the record, it just navigates back to the home page. If I make just one other change, it works fine. I am wondering why those other fields changing when the record is created initially doesn't constitute a change?

------------------------------
Chris Swirtz

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    In my experience form will not auto save unless there is some data entry. Default field values do not seem to count. What I did was to set up a form rule to populate a dummy field with the current date and time and that ensured that the record was dirtied and hence when you went to navigate away it will auto save.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChrisSwirtz3
      Qrew Member
      The drop-down doesn't have a default value though, I just have the code in the add button to change the drop-down to a specific choice, it even changes color like fields do when you make a selection. But perhaps because it is done via the add button it reads as default?

So on what criteria would you set the form rule to populate the dummy field? It has to be based on the the creation of the record?

Chris Swirtz
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        It may be finicky and the change may have to be done by a form rule for the form to detect that it has been changed.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com