Forum Discussion

JoeAlderson
Qrew Member
2 years ago

BCC in email notifications

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to send email notifications to clients with a BCC. I was told directly by Quickbase that this was possible, as long as the BCC was pre-set, but I cannot see any way to add a BCC.

I know I can send to multiple email addresses, but we need it to BCC to an internal unmanned email for our internal mail server to pick the email up, read who it was sent to and then link it to that client on other software we use.

Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Joe Alderson

7 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    I am pretty sure it is not possible to natively send an email with BCC.  I am quite surprised that someone at Quickbase told you that it was possible. 

Juiced Courier as an add on can do this.
    https://www.juicedtech.com/courier

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JoeAlderson
      Qrew Member
      Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, due to security as well as technical complexity and the ongoing maintenance that it would require, Quickbase is not being bridged directly to our mail server. As a result we very specifically discussed this possibility with them before signing up to the platform. I do have it in writing that it's possible, though the emails don't provide as much context as was discussed verbally.

We're not looking to start buying more addons, certainly not for an important function we were told was possible specifically without addons.

Joe Alderson
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        OK,
        Well OK I will leave that between you and QuickBase as to what they said was possible.  I have been using QuickBase for a couple of (yikes) decades now and I don't think it's possible.   

I know you are reluctant to go with an Add on, but another advantage of sending emails using Juiced Courier is that if you choose to,  you can send the emails using your own mail server. The advantage of that is that the emails are much less likely to be seen as spam by the recipient.  

Juiced has also been around Quickbase since its beginning so also 20 years ago.  Their Courier product is a trusted add on used by many including many of my own clients. 

I'm not sure what you use case is for Quickbase, but its an amazing product and if you find that the  sales rep exaggerated a bit about the bcc, you may choose to be a bit upset but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater over that one issue.

I would be happy to talk to you one on one if you like about what Quickbase can and can't do.  I'm an independent Quickbase consultant, not an employee of Quickbase.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com