Forum Discussion

ChristopherAngu
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Formula to display time billed in months not day

Hello,

I'm trying to create a formula that will take the date entered within field in my application named, "Date", and the current date and display the amount of time between the two in months not days. 

I used ToDays(Today()-ToDate([Date])) which returned the value within days. 

Thank you for your help in advance.

------------------------------
Christopher Angulo

5 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    QuickBase knows what the current date and time is and certainly we can have a formula to calculate the time between the current time in any date time field.

But in your case you want to compare the current date and time to affixed date. What time of day would you want to use for that? Like 12 o'clock noon for example?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChristopherAngu
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for the quick response I really appreciate it. And my apologies for not explaining it too well. So my "date" field gets dates imported through CSV files which are the dates that our service began to our customers. In the spreadsheet we currently have a formula that takes the date of which service started and displays how many months have passed based on todays date since our service started to said customer.  

So I was trying to find a way to display the duration that has passed between the date field we enter and today's date in months. I was able to calculate the amount of days not months.

Thank you!

Christopher Angulo
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        I posted a better response below.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com