Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Get Base64 of File

Posted 06-15-2022 07:46
    Is there any was to encode a file attachment field into base64 in QB?

------------------------------
    Justin Ferris

• 2.  RE: Get Base64 of File

Posted 06-21-2022 10:38
    Hi Justin,

I can confirm for you that there isn't a setting in Quickbase that would allow you to toggle a file attachment field to encode that way. That may be something a partner could help with but  it isn't something I'm familiar with anyone offering right now.

Evan Martinez

• 3.  RE: Get Base64 of File

Posted 11-02-2022 04:45
    I think this would be a useful feature to have in Quickbase. Particularly in the APIs, where it would be nice to toggle between the URL and the base64 version of the file in the response.
    To me feels a bit cumbersome to be dependent on a partner for such a simple feature.

Allan Schweitz

• 4.  RE: Get Base64 of File

Posted 11-02-2022 11:19
    If you feel like you are able to use JavaScript well enough I would suggest exploring doing this in a code page. I believe it would be possible there in some way. If you are not comfortable with JavaScript you will likely need to hire someone that is. 

Beyond that doing it natively in Quickbase may be possible. There are formula functions such as Base64Encode and Base64Decode. Searching on Google I see some people that have managed to upload base64 in Quickbase to the file attachment field using php, but that isn't ideal lol.

• 5.  RE: Get Base64 of File

Posted 11-03-2022 03:53
    We can always find workarounds, but that's not the problem. All I'm saying is that it would be a useful feature that should not be too difficult to implement natively.

For instance, it would make bulk exporting images or copying images from one system to another in some scenarios much easier.

Allan Schweitz