Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to turn off Hyperlinks in report

Posted 07-15-2022 18:18
    When a field is added to a report that points to a parent record QuickBase makes it a hyperlink so the parent record can be opened from the report.  How can the hyperlink for these parent records be deactivated?

Business Objective:  I am making specific reports available to a role where the report contents need to be visible, but they should not be able to open the linked record in a form.

I looked in the report configuration where I thought there was a switch to turn off hyperlinks, but I could not find it.  Then I looked in the form parameters for the table to see if I could eliminate a form from the role, but leaving it blank or "no access" were not options.  I looked in the role security configuration, but nothing related to form access.  I could not deactivate table access because the users in the role do need to see the data in various reports and children reports where there is context to the value(s).

------------------------------
    Scott Shimer
    Southwest Airlines

• 2.  RE: How to turn off Hyperlinks in report

Posted 07-15-2022 18:52
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 07-15-2022 18:53
    np, 
    look on the field properties for the field and de-select
    Lookup options
    Display as a link to the related record

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: How to turn off Hyperlinks in report

Posted 07-15-2022 22:28
    If you sometimes have the situation where you want some roles to have the hyperlink and other roles not to have the hiccups for link or then just make a mirror field with a Formula equal to the value of the hyper link field. Then that will be a form of the field and it will not have a hyperlink.

Then you can choose which field to put on certain reports and you can have form rules to show or hide the hyperlink or non-hyperlink field based on the role that the user is in.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: How to turn off Hyperlinks in report

Posted 01-31-2023 17:15
    This is helpful. Thank you both!

Steve Hanson