Forum Discussion

KerrySchwab
Qrew Member
2 years ago

HTTP error 400 from Quickbase REST api

Suddenly, several scripts we have that use the Quickbase rest api are getting 400 errors when trying to update data.   No changes on our side, it just started failing around noon PST.

Anyone else seeing problems, specifically with UPDATES via the REST (not XML) api?

------------------------------
Kerry Schwab

4 Replies

• I'm experiencing the same thing. I just opened a support case asking about it.

My issue is occurring when updating records. The error message with the 400 error is:

Request failed [400]: Bad Request: 'Value' property missing for field id 7 row #1

The payload sent by my script uses 'value' properties (with a lowercase v). The error message seems to suggest that should be 'Value', but this doesn't agree with the documentation for the endpoint:

https://developer.quickbase.com/operation/upsert

Dylan Moring
      KerrySchwab
      Qrew Member

Ours turned out to be that we were passing the value for mergeFieldId in the JSON as a string, like:
        'mergeFieldId': '6'

Changing it pass as an integer (no quotes) fixed it:

'mergeFieldId': 6

Quickbase does have it documented as needing to be an integer, but allowed the string up until today.  Seem like they pushed some sort of unannounced update with stricter type checking of the JSON.

So you might want to check for similar issues with other things.  Like, for example, "fieldsToReturn" should be an array of ints, and not an array of strings.

Edit: I checked, and we're using lowercase 'value', and it's working after my above fix.

Kerry Schwab
        DylanMoring
        Qrew Trainee
        For me it turned out to be that my client was sending properties with null values. Previously the API just ignored those, but now it's causing an issue.

Updating my client code for that seemed to get rid of the error as far as I can tell.

Dylan Moring