Forum Discussion

MattStephens
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

January 2023 Quickbase Gantt Plugin - automatic table setup

I'm super excited about the new Quickbase Gantt Plugin which has just been released.

However, I'm curious if there is an automation / code out there that will automatically add all the required tables and fields to existing apps?

I have plenty of apps that I'll be adding this Gantt capability into. Most of them will have a couple of existing tables that will be used in the Gantt, but most will need to be created. I could create them manually, or I might go and write my own code to automatically setup an app with all the required tables.... don't want to do this if it's out there already. 

The idea is that the code would create all the tables... then I'd just cull the new tables that I don't need because I already have similar tables.

Cheers,
Matt

------------------------------
Matt Stephens

5 Replies

DwightMunson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    As a workaround you could download the template app from the Exchange, then copy those tables into whatever app. That's what I'm doing for the tables I don't already have, then just modifying existing tables.

Dwight Munson
      MattStephens
      Qrew Cadet
      Great idea Dwight. Will do.

Matt Stephens
    DwightMunson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Oh, be careful though. There was an issue with the implementation and the plugin didn't go into GA; it went into open beta. It currently doesn't work with the Sandbox, CopyApp, or Backup/Restore features. So if you install the plugin into an app, that app won't have access to those. They're looking at possibly beginning of February for GA once they fix it.

Dwight Munson
      RyanWhitener
      Qrew Cadet

Anyone figured out how to have the current plugin setup and then build on top of it? I have added and configured the plugin to an existing app/tables, however was wondering if I could take it to the next level, which would be having multiple "projects" on the Gantt at once?

Ryan Whitener

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger

I'm pretty sure that is beyond the functionality of the current plug-in. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com