Forum Discussion

ShaneMiller1
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Make entire form read-only

Hello,
I have a table which has over 1,500 fields. My questions is, once a single checkbox is checked, is there a way to setup some type of IOL that will make all of the fields (except for a handful) to read-only? I was hoping there was a way to edit the form rules so that I could make fields encompassed by section headings to read-only - much like you can with "show" and "hide" when selecting a section heading. This would be a great addition to QuickBase!

Bonus: If I could allow 2 user-types to override this rule and edit all fields no matter what, that would be perfect - but simply a bonus and not 100% necessary for my purposes.

Thank you in advance

------------------------------
Shane Miller

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    There is no more IOL.  The only way to lock down that large number of fields to make the record non-edible by custom permission rules.

But then you say a few fields do you need to be edited. Perhaps you can move those editable fields to some kind of child table and then make your main record non- editable by certain roles under certain conditions with a custom permission rule.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ShaneMiller1
      Qrew Cadet

Hey Mark,
      I appreciate your reply - I guess I'll have to get creative.

Thank you

Shane Miller