Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Need to "Move" File Attachments from one table to another w/o download

Posted 03-06-2023 13:33

I just finished creating the Upload Multiple Documents logic from the Magic Buttons app.  Does anyone have a process they'd like to share (button or Pipeline) that "moves" the File Attachments from the Parent table over to the newly created Documents/Images child table without requiring a download?

------------------------------
    Nichole Braswell

• 2.  RE: Need to "Move" File Attachments from one table to another w/o download

Posted 03-08-2023 20:59

This can be done with a Pipeline.

Search the parent records for those with a file attachment on the parent record.

Then a For Each loop.

Create a Child record.

Then use the Upload a File step form the Attachments Step.  use the file transfer handle from the Step A as the source.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Need to "Move" File Attachments from one table to another w/o download

Posted 03-13-2023 10:30

Thank you Mark. The pipeline works beautifully BUT how would I go about creating the child records with the Older Versions of the File Attachments (if possible)? The users were uploading the different files in the same attachment field like this... and Pipeline only created a child record with the Current file. I need all 5 versions to be children records.

Nichole Braswell

• 4.  RE: Need to "Move" File Attachments from one table to another w/o download

Posted 03-13-2023 10:54

Wow, I don't think that is possible.   I suggest that you put in a support ticket to see if there is a way to access those historical versions.  I don't see anything in the file transfer Handle (URL) that would specify the version.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Need to "Move" File Attachments from one table to another w/o download

Posted 03-13-2023 11:28

Thank you and good to know!

Nichole Braswell