Forum Discussion

JeffPeterson1
Qrew Captain
2 years ago

Pipelines CSV Handler

I'm receiving a .CSV file via the Pipelines 'CSV Handler'.    In the second step I'm using 'Iterate over CSV Records'.  

What I am trying to do is use the csv which looks like this:

I want to create a single record in a table called 'Orders' for each order, and then child records in a table called 'Warehouse Requests' for each SKU under an 'Order', which will be used to generate a warehouse pick-list.

I'm getting stumped by the first part of this.   The pipeline runs and seems to loop over the records but only creates blank records for each row.    

I haven't even started on the next part which is to generate all of the child records for each SKU.

Anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or if there's a different approach I should consider?

------------------------------
Jeff Peterson

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Is the file format regular CSV?  I had a problem where I inadvertently was testing with a CSV UTF -8 file.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JeffPeterson1
      Qrew Captain
      Yes, definitely just a standard .csv.  I'm completely stumped on this one.  I found a way to do this with Zapier but it creates an "Order" for each row in the .csv.   Still stuck on this problem.

Jeff Peterson
        JohnCrosland
        Qrew Trainee
        I assume that Orders has a one-to-many relationship with Warehouse Requests. It seems like you're going to want to have two Pipelines. You're going to want to bring the Date Created or some other standard field into Warehouse Requests from Orders

One which reads this data into the Warehouse Requests table because it is actually what each line represents. 

Second One that is triggered On A New Event with Warehouse Requests.  Use the standard field that you brought into Warehouse Requests as the filter to decide whether or not to create an Order. If you need to create the Order, then create it.

I hope that this helps.

John Crosland