Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Pipelines details gone?

Posted 01-27-2023 14:42
    When a pipeline failed (or just in general), I used to be able to see which fields were trying to be updated, the record ID acted on, etc. A good chunk of helpful data. 

I don't see that anymore. Is it gone, or am I looking in the wrong spot? It used to show in your activities, you could expand for more details.

------------------------------
    Michael Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Pipelines details gone?

Posted 01-28-2023 10:54
    Edited by Don Larson 01-29-2023 09:02
    Mike,

I spent "hours" debugging one yesterday and had all that detail.  I would have failed to fix it with out it.

Don Larson

• 3.  RE: Pipelines details gone?

Posted 01-30-2023 10:49
    Edited by Brian Seymour 01-30-2023 10:49
    Hey Michael,

The Pipelines run details are found under the Activities section (top-right nav). The URL is something like:

https://your-domain.pipelines.quickbase.com/activity/pipeline/your-pipeline-id

You'll need to login with an account that is able to manage your Pipelines. Once your on the Activities page, you'll need to to find the Pipeline run, review it's steps and expand the
    Input/output link to reveal the details.

Brian

• 4.  RE: Pipelines details gone?

Posted 01-30-2023 18:01
    Edited by Mike Tamoush 01-30-2023 18:02
    I decided to look deeper, and I figured it out, but this is noteworthy for others.

We have a 'Service Account' which all the Pipelines are built under. However, I have a personal account which I can say 'Switch to User' and see and modify all the pipelines.

HOWEVER, if you look at the activities from my personal account (while using switch to user) you do NOT get to see all of the input and output. I needed to log in under the actual account the Pipelines are built under to watch it run.

Interestingly, when I am using the Sync function and watching the pipeline run in real time, I can see all the inputs and outputs no matter what account I am on.

To note, both my Personal and Service account can edit and manage all pipelines. They are however, 'owned' by the service account.

Mike Tamoush

• 5.  RE: Pipelines details gone?

Posted 01-30-2023 18:05
    Yes, that is expected behavior. The brain trust at Quickbase are still wrestling with the governance issue. Their concern is that an authorized people will be able to see confidential data and that's why they are hiding the details of the pipeline run unless you're actually signed on as the pipeline owner.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Pipelines details gone?

Posted 27 days ago

I created a feedback request to ask for the ability to see the input/output option for Pipelines even if you aren't the owner: https://feedback.quickbase.com/app/#/case/374254?section=request

Came to the Community to see if anyone else had mentioned it - feel free to subscribe to the request, hopefully they will add it!

Emily Keskey