Forum Discussion

AdamKeever1
Qrew Commander
2 years ago

Pipelines - Record Update Event Not Recognized

I am working through the Quickbase University "Building Powerful Pipelines Using included Features" course and am stuck on the "Call another pipeline" exercise using 3 pipelines to add courses when an employee is added or updated. Pipeline 1 & 3 are functioning, but pipeline 2 as built per instruction does not recognize that an employee record has been updated where the isManager checkbox field is updated to Yes.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the syntax. Here is the instruction:

Here it is in my pipeline:

When I update an employee record and make the checkbox for isManager = yes, the pipeline does not recognize the record update event and does not run.

Suggestions?

------------------------------
Adam Keever

4 Replies

• Solved. You must use a query string and the statement in the instruction will not work.

My isManager checkbox field has an ID of 28 and I used this query string: {28.EX.'1'}

Adam Keever
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew #1 Challenger
      Adam.
      I think that you are over thinking this.  
      Why not simply use the blue button to "Add Condition. Then you don't have to write query syntax.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        AdamKeever1
        Qrew Commander
        Thanks Mark. I was posting mostly for awareness that the instructions in the course are incorrect so that anyone following the instructions could complete the exercise. Hopefully someone will update the instruction with the simplified step you suggested.

Adam Keever