Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Summary report for multiple fields

Posted 01-11-2023 07:12
    Is it possible to summarize the values of two fields in a summary report? 

I've got these two fields "Origin Airport Code" & "Destination Airport Code" that I'd like to summarize in one report.

Thanks in advance for any help!

------------------------------
    Khalid Daoud

• 2.  RE: Summary report for multiple fields

Posted 01-11-2023 08:12
    You can set the row grouping by Origin and the column grouping by Destination. You can then should a record count in the grid.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Summary report for multiple fields

Posted 01-11-2023 08:26
    Thanks Mark - I already tried that. Is there a way to combine the values of the two fields in one field (maybe using a formula)? Then use that field in the summary report.

Khalid Daoud

• 4.  RE: Summary report for multiple fields

Posted 01-11-2023 08:51
    I'm not really understanding the visualization of the look you want, but you can choose to summarize more than one value, if that is helpful.

Maybe post an excel sheet with an example of your data and the look you want.

mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Summary report for multiple fields

Posted 01-11-2023 09:01
    Well, my ultimate goal is to summarize the number of times a particular airport is used. That goes for both departures and arrivals into that particular airport. Right now I have two separate summary reports (see attached). I would like to have one report (Airports) that combines the values of both fields.

Khalid Daoud

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Origin Airport.pdf   161 KB 1 version
    pdf
    Destination Airport.pdf   163 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Summary report for multiple fields

Posted 01-11-2023 11:30
    I think to get a combined report to show the total arrivals and departures count at each Airport, you would need to have an automated process to create 2 child records of the main trip record. 

If I were doing this I would make a formula URL button which would purge of the child table records and then run two saved table to table imports to create the children and then land the user on the summary report. So each time the report with one run it would basically purge and refresh all the children.

mark.shnier@gmail.com