Forum Discussion

TroyMacPherson
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Syncing Sharepoint List to Quickbase Table via Pipeline

Hi All,

I've got a table in my QB App that is identical to a Sharepoint List I have in Sharepoint.  I'd like to know if its possible to have a pipeline that will sync the data in these two systems so that if a row is added or changed in Sharepoint, it will reflect in my QB table, and likewise, if data is added or changed in QB, it will reflect in the Sharepoint List.

Is this possible, and if so do anyone have a how-to I can refer to?

Thanks in advance,
-Troy

------------------------------
Troy MacPherson

3 Replies

• Hi Troy;
    You can create script in Sharepoint and you can automate it so when it is modified it can trigger script. In script you can have function to sync with Quickbase. There are Quickbase actions/functions (API Calls) available in Sharepoint(Power Automate) to use.

In Quickbase side I believe you can run pipeline to modify data in sharepoint.

Thank you

Razi D.
    Desta Tech LLC
    razi@destatechs.com
      MichelleCoslet
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Is a script the only way?  i thought that was the purpose of pipelines.
      I have the same issue. Our production staff uses Sharepoint but Engineering uses QB. When an operator adds a record to the sharepoint list, i need ENG to sign off on it in QB. Then the record in sharepont status would change accordingly.

Michelle Coslet
        TroyMacPherson
        Qrew Cadet

This video is a good explanation for a Sharepoint integration going one direction (from QB to Sharepoint, or vice versa).  

In the video she states that you can use Linked Records to sync the data between the two tables, but this video doesn't go into that depth.  I have to believe one or more pipelines could accomplish this, but its frustrating there's no how-to (that I can find).

https://vimeo.com/428242198

Troy MacPherson