Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  Table-to-Table Pipeline - Field Limit?

Posted 08-23-2022 14:03
    Edited by Shelby Pons 08-23-2022 15:59
      |   view attached
    Hi, 

I'm creating a pipeline to connect 2 tables within 1 app. The source table has around 40 fields (size around 5 KB), and the target table has around 200 fields (with size around 4 MB). 

When configuring the "Prepare Bulk Record Upsert" action, the Fields for the large target table won't load, and it shows error "We're unable to show all options at this time. If you don't see what you're looking for, reload this page. If you need additional support, please contact us." (image attached)

I have tried reloading, manually typing in the field ID (#s), and manually typing the field names in format: {{b.field_name}}, none of which has worked. 

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? Or at least an explicit note from Quick Base on a field limit for these actions?

Thank you!
    Shelby

------------------------------
    Shelby Pons

• 2.  RE: Table-to-Table Pipeline - Field Limit?

Posted 08-24-2022 08:29
    I was dealing with something similar, I think. I couldn't see some of the fields when using Prepare Bulk Record Upsert. I've been advised that there is a 1MB schema limit that pipelines can handle. 

Thanks,
    Joe

Joseph Gomez

• 3.  RE: Table-to-Table Pipeline - Field Limit?

Posted 08-25-2022 10:00
    Hi Joe,

Thank you for the reply. I reached out by putting in a Support Case, and I was advised to run my app through the Mixed Encoding Scanner (another app you can get on Exchange) and to run API_GetSchema to check if any of the data was bad. No success in identifying an issue with either of these yet. 

Were you advised by a Quick Base support person on the 1MB schema limit, or did you happen to find that on another post/from another user? 

Thanks,
    Shelby

Shelby Pons

• 4.  RE: Table-to-Table Pipeline - Field Limit?

Posted 08-25-2022 12:52
    Edited by Joseph Gomez 08-25-2022 12:55
    Hi Shelby,
    I was working with our internal Qb support team in turn who was working with Qb directly. The response from Qb was:
    "In investigating the issue they're saying that the schema is exceeding the 1MB schema limit the Pipelines portion of the product can handle.  They're suggesting we work with their Architecture group to try to restructure the application to get under the limit."

It was only when trying to use pipelines did the existing schema become an issue. Hope this helps.

[edit] including the screenshot I have for the error.

Joseph Gomez