Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
2 years ago

Text Multiline Cannot be used for notification triggers?

I have a proposal review system that is set to notify people when the status changes on the proposal to flag them it is ready for their review.....

However, I want to also send an email if the comments area changes (i.e. someone asks a question).  but, unless I am missing something, I cannot use a text multi-line (with logging) field as a trigger for additional criteria in a notification?

Any ideas how to get around this?  I had it on a blanket when modified setting and it was firing off WAY too many emails quickly.

------------------------------
Ivan Weiss

7 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Why do you feel that that type of field cannot be used to fire a notification?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      It does not appear on the list of available fields in additional criteria

Ivan Weiss
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        It should appear. One thing I find is that if I have a lot of fields, I think they are in alphabetical (or some convenient order), but then I find my field randomly placed in a spot I wasn't looking. Carefully look at all the fields, particularly towards the end of the list or in a spot you wouldn't expect it. It should be there.

If not, then something else is going on, as my multi line fields do appear.

Mike Tamoush