Forum Discussion

ArielSantiago
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Url Formula - Editing Current Record Only

Hello,

I'm trying to write a code that allows me to edit only the current record I'm on in Quickbase. For example, when I click the button I want only to be able to edit information for that particular resource instead of having to select the information again.Is that possible?

Example

------------------------------
Ariel Combs

2 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    I think this needs a better description of what you are trying to do. I will take a stab at this based on what I understand so far though. I believe what you would need to do to accomplish what you are asking is to just have an additional part of the URL that fills in the Resource - Full Name field so it will properly bring over the lookup information you have there. You see the part where the URL has &_fid_10= ? You need to do that again but find what the fid for Resource - Full Name is and use that number instead. You want to insert the resource record number that you need.

If that is not what you are wanting to do you will need to better describe what your intentions are here.
      ArielSantiago
      Qrew Member
      Hi Austin,

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you for your help!

Ariel Combs